Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to Spandex and Sparkles. On Friday I had my first surgery ever. It was a fairly simple outpatient procedure and not all that serious as far as surgeries go, but I was terrified. I had been putting off having this surgery for years for many reasons-one being I am a wimp when it comes to anything medical and two I did not want to be relegated to the couch for 6-8 weeks to recover. I finally succumbed to having the surgery promising myself I would be productive. Starting a blog was on the top of my to-do list, so here goes nothing. I am hoping it will be a place where I can write my thoughts on food, fashion and exercise-the 3 things I am most passionate about in life.
Photo credit: Ben Goldstein for marieclaire.com

Unfortunately my top 3 most beloved hobbies are conflicting in a sense. I love good food and a good meal makes me more excited than a little kid in a candy store, but I was never one of those girls who could go through life eating anything she wants without it showing on the scale. Hence the Spandex section of this blog-where I will talk about my love/hate relationship with exercise and my new found appreciation of Bikram yoga. You will also hear how all of the above torment's my fashion abilities, and my eternal conflict with wanting to wear the latest trends but not feeling comfortable that it works for me. I hope to entertain you,  dear readers, with fashion that inspires me, recipes and pictures of the food that excites me, and the occasional exercise inspiration to help get your ass to the gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment