Sunday, November 28, 2010

Book Club Anyone?

As I posted last week here I wanted to continue on my book club brigade....

RECENTLY FINISHED BOOKS:
The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble- enjoyable but nothing to write home about. I did like that it was about a book club (no one would join mine so I had to read about it).

Sarah's Key by Tatiana de Rosnay- this was given to me as a present for my birthday from my boyfriend's mom. She is an avid reader like myself and thought I would enjoy a few books ( so thoughtful! But I also didn't mind getting a super cute Carlos Falchi handbag along with the books). When I first started to read this book, I did not think I was going to be able to handle it. It is about a little girl and her family who get sent to a concentration camp during the Holocaust. But as I am on a quest to broaden my reading horizon I continued onward and was hooked after page 20. I read this book in 2 days and was deeply moved by it. Has anyone read this book?

SOME OF MY FAVORITE AUTHORS:
Jennifer Weiner
Jane Green
Jodi Piccoult
Nicholas Sparks
Sophie Kinsella
Lauren Weisberger-wish I was her getting to assist Anna Wintour and then sell book-turned movie about it! Lucky girl.
Emily Giffin
Beth Harbison
Candace Bushnell
and many more...I read so many books that I forget all of the authors of the one off's but from now on I will have my blog to help me keep track!
Awesome Jennifer Weiner themed cupcakes via Crumbs and Dollies amazing cupcake blog
CONFESSION:
I do pretty much judge a book by its cover. I walk up and down the fiction aisles at B&N grabbing every book with a cute cover and catchy title to read its summary. If the summary sounds interesting I add it to the pile. Unfortunately for my wallet, I never can walk out with less than 6 books.

Happy reading, everyone. I will choose a book new book to start tomorrow. Suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment